The inaugural issue of The Wizard's Scroll: a Swords & Wizardry fanzine is now available at RPGnow: The Wizard's Scroll Issue 1
- Two races: The Testudo (turtoise men) and Ratfolk
- A spell: Binding Familiars
- An NPC for Carcosa
- Four Monsters: The Skin Bad, Lightning Monk, Shield Guardian and the Abominable Beastman
- Seven Magic Items. Including Zim Kali's Ancient Sword of Bone and the Claws of Carcajou
- Two Adventures: The Demon-Shattered Tower (levels 2-3) and The Bandit Caves of Cyrus Blacknail (low level)
- A Fantastic Location: The Wizard's Tower
- Optional Rules: Critical Hits and Basic Skills
- A Recipe: How to Cook a Halfling
Now Taking Submissions
The Wizard's Scroll is open for submissions!
Send me whatever you have as long as it is for Swords & Wizardry: Complete, Core, WhiteBox and Light.
You retain all copyrights to your work. It can be adventures, monsters, locations, magic items, etc. If you want to see your art in the zine, you can submit that as well. We like authors and artists equally here! I cannot pay for submissions, but I can give you a free PDF and an at cost print copy.
There is no schedule for the zine. Each issue will be released once enough material is gathered.
Send your submissions (text document) to chuckmason21atgmaildotcom.
Please make sure your submissions are original. I can't include articles where you copied work from some place on the internet, like Wikipedia. Also, please, do your best to edit your work before you send it in. I only have so much time to devote to this, and I can't rewrite articles. but I will try my best to include EVERYTHING that is sent in. This is a fanzine after all!
Swords & Wizardry, S&W, WhiteBox, and Mythmere Games are the trademarks of Matthew J. Finch.